|Posted on July 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM|
*This giveaway is now closed*
Taking pictures has always been a hobby of mine. I am not even close to being a professional photographer, I just love snapping shots when ever I get a chance. Most of the time I just remove the pictures from my camera and store them on a disk, and there they stay, for no one to see. So when I was given the opportunity to review the "muvee pixie" video maker it gave me the push I needed to pull out those photos and actually do something fun with them.
I downloaded the program to my netbook, which runs Windows XP. It did not take very long to install. What I did notice was that when I started up the program for the very first time it was slow. I was not sure if it was because, it was the first time using the program or if it was too much for my netbook to handle. I shut the program down and restarted it. When the program restarted, it did not take as long as before, but It was still a little long in my opinion. Once the program was opened it worked great. I was able to click and view with viewing issues. With muvee pixie, you can install it on up to 3 computers, so I decided to see if I would have the same results on my desktop PC, also running Windows XP. I really enjoyed the performance on my desktop. The load up time was way faster.
Once installed I took a few minutes to get myself familiar with the buttons and features. I was actually surprised about how much I liked it. The buttons are extremely easy to find and to recognize what they do.
There are only three steps needed to make a video with muvee pixie:
- Pick out your pictures
- Choose the style
- Pick your music (optional)
The feature I was most impressed by was the add music feature. Muvee Pixie will automatically adjust the music length with the amount of pictures you selected with or without trimming the music. I do suggest trimming the music if you are not using very many pictures. The pictures will move very slow if you don't. Also you can add more than one song per video.
All of "Muvee pixie" features (from site):
- Super smart automatic editing: Face detection, transitions, pans and zooms. It's all synced to the beat of the music and it's all done for you. Even brightness control, color correction and red eye reduction
- Share easily: With muvee Pixie, you can instantly share your video on Facebook and YouTube. Export your video to your iPod, iPhone and Android device directly. Or simply save it to your computer. Share your videos anytime, any place.
- Instant full screen preview: Watch your video instantly in all its glory. Edit it on the spot. Perfect it before putting it out for everyone to see.
- Music trimming: Use the chorus or even your favorite verse from that song that really sets the tone for your video. Or, use the whole song if you want. Even string multiple songs or choruses together. Now you can be the conductor!
- Netbook friendly: Designed to be netbook friendly, scaling to smaller screens to eliminate having to scroll excessively. Graphics performance and power management are also streamlined. No worries if you've got an older netbook, even if the previews are jerky, your saved videos will still be smooth as velvet.
- NVIDIA® CUDA Acceleration: For systems with NVIDIA CUDA-enabled graphics card, you can enhance the processing power of saving and rendering your movies faster than before.
Styles: Set the tone of your video with a style. Effects. Fades. Transitions. All built in. Tell your story the way you want to in just one click. Download free styles or purchase additional stylePacks.
shwup – Your private online gallery: One click access to free and unlimited storage space on shwup - muvee's very own online sharing service. Private sharing of movies, photos and video – invite only those you want to! They can even contribute their own photos and video to tell an even better story!
Before this review I had never used a movie maker. I can honestly say that with muvee pixie my experience was very pleasant. I did not know it was this easy to make a video and share it. I was able to put a super cute video together in less then 10 min. I know that with a little more time and effort, I can create an even better, longer videos. I can share with my family and friends without the hassle of trying to figure out "which button do I push now". Lol, now I really don't have any excuse, on why I haven't done anything fun with the family pictures.
- You can check out my super cute video I made using muvee pixie on Youtube. The pictures used are of our family dog "Pepper".
*Updated 07/28: I was able to add the actual video* Hope you enjoy
How to Buy it:
You can purchase your own copy of muvee pixie for $29.95 from the muvee website. What's really great is that you can try it FREE for 15 days before you actually buy it.
How to Win it:
muvee has generously agreed to giveaway an actual DVD copy of "muvee pixie" to one of our lucky readers.
- Take a look at the muvee website and tell me which product you would use. (Comment below)
Extra Entries (Optional): Please post a NEW comment for each entry.
- Like my Facebook fan page.
- Check out and comment on the video I made using muvee pixie
- Become A Place For Every-Thing, site member (must confirm e-mail - 2 entries)
- Follow @place4eveything on twitter
- Tweet (RT = 1 extra entry per day):
Enter to #Win a DVD copy of "muvee pixie" from muvee @place4eveything! Ends 08/10 Plz RT! http://tinyurl.com/2b6onxg #giveaway
Please make sure that you leave your email address with your comment below. I will email the winner and post the winner's name here. Please be honest with posting your entries. I do check and will delete any invalid comments! I will use Random.org to choose the winner. This giveaway will end on August 10 at 11:59 pm C.S.T. This giveaway is open to the US. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is selected.
Good luck to all!
Disclaimer: muvee provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.