|Posted on August 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM|
*This giveaway is closed*
Are you looking to add a little flavor to you special recipes? I recently was given the opportunity to try the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. When the oil first arrived it was in complete liquid form, I sat it on my kitchen counter and after a few hours it became white and solid. My kids though that was weird, so I had to reassure them, that it was normal (coconut oil will solidify under 76 degrees F). The 32 oz. jar was large, but easy to carry and handle around the kitchen. The jar opening is wide, so it was not as easy to pour with out spilling, so I just used a spoon to scoop out the needed amount of oil. The label was easy to read and it had a very clear expiration date on it.
To try out this Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, I decided to make a few dishes that I normally make but I will be adding the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to my recipes.
1st I tried something very simple, I put together a Tropical Fruit Smoothie:(strawberries, banana, 2% Milk, 100% orange juice, ice and coconut oil)
Immediately I could smell the coconut, so I was expecting an over whelming flavor of coconut in the smoothie, but to my amazement it was not. It was great!! I make smoothies on a regular basis and I can honestly say that this smoothie is one of my best. My 12 year old daughter Xena, is not a huge fan of coconut and she even gave a complement about the "just right" flavor.
Ok, so that was easy, what's next? I decided to use the coconut oil with my chicken & shrimp fried rice. Again the oil made my kitchen smell like fresh coconut, which I love! The oil didn't take long to heat up, and I noticed that it worked well keeping the rice from sticking to the pan. I also used the oil to cook the chicken and shrimp and again had no sticking to the pan problems
Here was my finished product and it was very tasty!
You can check out this great Tropical Traditions video to find out more about Virgin Coconut Oil:
About the founders of Tropical Traditions:
Brian & Marianita Shilhavy (from site)
- Brian W. Shilhavy, BA, MA. Brian earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible/Greek from Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, and his Master of Arts degree in linguistics from Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago. He is currently the CEO of Tropical Traditions, Inc.
- Marianita Jader Shilhavy, BS, CND (Certified Nutritionist/Dietician in the Philippines) earned her bachelor of science degree in nutrition in Manila. Understanding the nutrition of Filipino foods, Marianita worked for over eight years as a hospital dietician and nutritional counselor in the Philippines.
How to Buy it:
You can buy Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil by clicking here. If you use referral code 6440960, Tropical Traditions will add a complimentary copy of the "Virgin Coconut Oil book" ($14.99 value) to your order. You can always e-mail the Tropical Traditions customer service and they can help you with your first order and the free book.
While you there check out the Tropical Traditions Free Coconut Recipes! The recipes have been kitchen-tested and go great with the Tropical Traditions Organic products. I will be trying a few of those Free Coconut Recipes myself.
How to Win it:
Tropical Traditions has generously agreed to giveaway a Free quart of their "Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil" to one (1) of our lucky readers!
Extra Entries (Optional): Please post a NEW comment for each entry.
(Example: If the entry says 2 extra entries, please post 2 comments)
- Like my Facebook fan page.
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect publicly.
- Follow my blog on Networkedblogs
- Become A Place For Every-Thing site member. If you are already a member please comment below. ( 2 entries)
- Subscribe to the "Blog of Bargains" RSS feed
- Blog about the giveaway with a link back. (5 entries)
- Follow @place4eveything on twitter
- Tweet this giveaway (RT = 1 extra entry per day)
Enter to #win Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from @troptraditions & @place4eveything. #Giveaway ends 08/16! http://bit.ly/dqLOO7 Plz RT!
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook
- Follow @troptraditions on Twitter
- Email your friends this post.
Please make sure that you leave your email address in your comment or that it is available in you profile. I will email the winner and post the winner here. Please be honest with posting your entries. I do check and will delete any invalid comments! I will use Random.org to choose the winner. This giveaway will end on August 16 at 11:59 pm, C.S.T. This giveaway is open to the US. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is selected.
Good luck to all!
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.